- Most mornings Ava asks for pictures or videos of various animals. She loves seeing kitties and puffins. Sometimes she requests videos of animals pooping. we watched a video of a puffin that poops at the end and then we spent a whole evening finding videos of puffins pooping. The next week Ava wanted pictures of horses pooping, which I must tell you is quite gross.
- Ava has progressed with potty training. She almost exclusively poops in the potty now and we’re working on peeing. There were a couple times where she woke up asking to pee in the middle of the night, which was less than ideal. She also uses peeing as a delay tactic at night.
- Art is still incredibly important to Ava. She’s really interested in different techniques, such as Pointilism, and she was fascinated when I showed her Seurat paintings.
Foods and Liquids
- It’s easier to list the things that Ava doesn’t like than to list the things she likes. She dislikes leafy greens, farro, watermelon gazpacho, and anything that is spicy.
- Right now she’s really obsessed with sweets. She thinks all cakes are birthday cakes. Anytime I make cake or bread, Ava hones in on it. There was one day that I bought a baguette. Ava grabbed it and started gnawing on the end.
- We’ve gone back to trying to get Ava to nap during the weekends at all costs. She doesn’t like to fall asleep in her bed, but she’s willing to sleep in a swing or the car. So we started driving south on a major road until she falls asleep.
Thank you Tiffany!
- Ava knows the names of her favorite books and she’s learning all the words in them.
- Tonight we went through Dino Bites almost ten times and by the end she was reciting most of the text.
- Ava also has a book called “Where Is Huggle Buggle Bear?” and Ava talks about Hubble Bubble Bear. It’s so cute.
- Ava is great at telling you about important events.
- Ava was taking Teddy on a walk with her nanny and Teddy got so excited by another dog that he ran away from Ava and knocked her down. All day Ava talked about how she had a “big bump!”
- I went shopping with Jon and Ava. Jon took Ava out of the store for 10 minutes so I could finish shopping. When I got out and found them, Ava said “Mommy, I got stuck! I got stuck!” Jon explained that they walked up to the water tower until they reached a gate. While Jon was trying to point out the water tower to Ava, she tried to slip through the gate and got stuck. Ava eventually got unstuck, but she was traumatized. All day and the next day she kept saying “I got stuck!”
- Ava continues to say phrases that I’m not familiar with, such as “Don’t you dare.”
- One cute phrase includes “Good job kitty!”
- Every time Ava sees a baby anything (cat, human, etc.) she says it wants its mommy.
- Ava pairs everything up with a mommy and a baby. There’s also a daddy if there’s three. This even applies to inanimate objects likes leaves.
Doesn’t she look like a JCrew ad?