Feed on
Posts
Comments

Cross-Stitch Audrey

It took over a year to make (because I have so many interests) and here it is. Behold Audrey!

If you’re not familiar, I have software that converts pictures to cross stitch patterns.  So I made a cross-stitch pattern for Audrey.  Here’s a close-up.

You can really tell that it’s Audrey and not just any cockatiel.  I’ve hung the picture at work.  The finger in the picture is Jon’s.

It’s part of a theme because I’m a tad obsessed with birds.

Since I’m always at work and I don’t get to see Audrey enough, at least I can look at Audrey’s picture.

11 Responses to “Cross-Stitch Audrey”

1. shannon says:

Fantastic! That is a great idea. You are really good at this!

2. Elizabeth says:

Thanks Shannon!

3. Tiffany says:

I agree – fantastic! Such tiny/tight stitches – you even captured how Audrey’s regal crest gets “wispy” near the end. Framed beautifully too.

4. Elizabeth says:

Thanks! I really like the frame too. You may not be able to tell from the picture, but the black part has little beads along the inside edge. And a lot of consideration was put into what color to make the matting. I considered using yellow to match Audrey’s crest but I think the nude color is better so Audrey is the center of attention.

5. Mary says:

You are very talented! Hope work lets up soon!

6. Elizabeth says:

Thanks Mary! I really enjoy work, so it’s no problem. I have an awesome series of projects to work on this month. But it does requiring giving up a large portion of my weekends.

7. Cindy says:

Just beautiful – you are so talented with the stitching – it takes such patience and a very good eye to choose the colors/images that will really shine!

8. Elizabeth says:

Thanks! I can’t take credit for the colors because the cross-stitch program does that too. But I did pick out the picture!

9. Mary Ann Barton says:

Oh, Audrey — a representation that approaches the magnificence of the Actual Audrey! You must be proud of your human.

10. WOW! I wish I had the patience to do that.