Feed on
Posts
Comments

Audrey Memorial

We had Audrey cremated last Friday.  Major Street Cremations in Salt Lake does pet cremations.  They were wonderful about everything: respectful and extremely accomodating.  We chose a wooden container because it resembles Audrey’s beloved orange juice containers.

It has a section for a picture so I choose a picture of Audrey on his giraffe, looking down at his people.

It’s a very nice memorial.  We put it on top of Audrey’s favorite location with his Kleenex box and bottles.  Also, it might be a little hard to see because of the flash but the box has a plaque below the picture that says “Audrey Rufus Bird.”  Just saying his name makes me tear up still and I was pretty much bawling when I told the people at the crematorium what to put on the plaque.  But Audrey would have loved it.

It’s a hard transition for Conner.  He misses Audrey so much.  There are moments where he’s happy but then he remembers that he’s in mourning.  I’m hoping he’ll cheer up soon.

9 Responses to “Audrey Memorial”

1. Tiffany says:

Beautiful memorial; love the pictures. Did Audrey also appreciate a fine Scotch Whiskey?
    Cook said to to give Conner a little treat from her, be it a scritch or an almond.

2. Elizabeth says:

Jon likes the whiskey. Audrey appreciated the darkly-colored glass. :-)

Conner sang an hour after I posted this for the first time since Audrey passed. I’m so glad he’s getting better.

3. What a beautiful memorial. Yeah, I suspect Audrey will be hanging around for a long time, making sure everything is correct and under control.

I want to thank you for sharing Audrey with us all these years. I’ve loved every picture and every story.

4. Shannon says:

Oh, this is very classy. I think Audrey Rufus Bird is cocking his head and bowing for the sheer rightness of it all. Take care!

5. Mary Ann Barton says:

Oh, Liz, what a wonderful memorial! Thank you for this latest chapter in Audrey’s story.

6. Pamela says:

Siiiiiiiiiiigh. You know Peanut is still i the freezer, awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse. I think your way is healthier.

Love for Audrey.

7. Elizabeth says:

Thanks Mary Ann.

Pamela, we put him in his favorite nestbox for a few days, trying to get used to what happened and it was so hard having him there, just looking like he was resting. I much prefer the cremation because I get to look at his picture and think about how much he’d like the container.